What does Marketing mean to the small business entrepreneur? Many of us consider marketing to be exposing your product to the public or business arena via some sort of media outlet. Small Business marketing is much more then that, it involves a much deeper targeted proposal.
What is Small Business Marketing
Simply it is the process of which a business owner decides what they will sell, to whom they will sell to, when they will sell and how they will sell. Having the ability to identify and satisfy your customers needs will always start you on the road to the treasure chest of profit.
Small Business Marketing is also about educating your customer and daring to be different then the competition. Communication is the key, if your prospective customer does not understand your product or service, why should they give you their hard earned cash. The customer needs to be informed about what you have available, the products benefits, what is it going to do for them, how is it going to make their life richer, how do they buy this product or service from you.
In our treasure chest today we have a wide demographic of customers. Small Business Marketing allows us to find out who, what, why, when, where and how we will find and service a core group of profitable customers. Ask your self these questions. Your bonus gift, is the answers will be valuable information for your small business marketing plan.
- Who – is your target market? Be specific about who your prospective customer is.
- What – does your customer really want? Is this what you are providing or do they need persuading? Will they still feel happy about their purchase when they arrive home?
- Why – would your customers want your product? What are the benefits to them? What is their motive to purchase?
- When – will they buy? Is your product reactive to seasonal change?
- Where – are your customers now? Do they tend to group up, because they have the same problems? Network.
- How – do you reach your small business target market? What avenues are available to you to get your message across?
Now this is a Tip Straight from the Chest
To be successful at Small Business Marketing you need to recognize that you are not in business to sell products or services, you are in business to create outstanding value. Value that contributes to solving a problem or fulfilling a desire. That my fellow entrepreneurs is the money shot. Tap into your customers desires or problems, satisfy their needs by communicating what is possible.
Five Small Business Treasures
- Dare to be different. Always take a step forward.
- Adjust your product or service to suit your customers desires.
- Small Business Marketing is all about them, not you.
- Be clear and specific about what you are trying to achieve.
- Create outstanding value.
Small Business Marketing is a vital skill for any entrepreneur and the one piece of gold to take away from this blog post is, create outstanding value and be famous for it.